Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday- Fun day!


Avy had a sleep over at our good friend Tia's last night. I'm quite sure she thoroughly enjoyed herself and from Rain's report she got an ear full. Avy promised to take them to 'Cabellas' for a tour of the real (dead) animals there. I'm quite proud of Avy and her sociability. It is nice to see. Avy loves to be active. She was quite upset yesterday when her bike broke (hey! I was fixing it.) So dad is off to Walmart to buy her a new one (over achiever). I do not want my children to think that items come and magically appear. This expense was justified because, hey, I broke the thing.
Eli fell off the swing set today and practically into Byron's arms. He instantly wanted back up onto the swing so I'm quite certain he is fine. Eli loves corn on the cob and 'fixing' things.
As for other family highlights. Daddy had a baseball game and pitched well. We will not mention the score but will let you see some pictures of the Rock cake that Avy and Eli made. It was fun to catch up with Travis, so glad he moved to Utah.
I enjoyed my spin class today. No reason to talk too much there but its a good workout to be certain. Its left me craving more. Tomorrow is our rest day! I love rest day. It also ends up being a coupon clipping day as we have a coupon clipping of sorts going on in the neighborhood. One little deal at a time. Its like 'What about Bob'. You know the movie
I did try to keep up some on my nursing skills, besides the heavy duty handwashing that goes on around here. I was reminded that when your infusing an IV some of the signs you really want to watch for include infusion, pruritis (itching), inflamation, and redness. Any of these signs of complications would be present if there is a reaction to the infusion. The infusion would be stopped and possibly a medication given to offset the reaction. There some nursing.

Oh, and buying the forever stamps make sense as they do not go up in price.

The start of our garden was purchased today but not yet begun.

No comments: